Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Offering more power, combined with better aerodynamics and a great sound, the Mugen Sports Silencer is the perfect bolt-on for the latest generation Honda Insight. Mugen produces this Sports Silencer entirely out of stainless steel mandrel bent tubing with a polished stainless steel silencer, packed with proprietary sound deadening material for that great Mugen sound without the usual noise associated with an aftermarket exhaust.

The silencer is finished off with a polished finisher designed in the wind tunnel to decrease aerodynamic drag. As with all Mugen exhaust pieces, this silencer bolts up perfectly to your factory system using the factory hardware.

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
Great, now for the questions. Will it fit the stock bumper? What does it do in regards to performance and or fuel economy?

Most muffler installs I do frees up more power, usually the upper end to red line and lowers a few mpg. By the seat of the pants it feels more, but you may get upwards to 5 extra hp on a dyno with a nice sound and a few more tq ft.

Thanks.

·
Registered
382 Posts
The funny thing with this car, at least for me, is I don't care about the added HP... +5hp, from 98 to 103, will barely have any effect on the drive. However, I'm very curious if this has any effect on MPG :cool: . Will it help MPG due to better, faster exhaust ? Will it help increasing MPG indirectly because a little more pep can help getting faster to cruising speed, therefore improving overall MPG ? That's things I would pay for the I2, not noise or power (will never be a racing car...;)).

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
This is a bit less than half what the hybrid system provides, you cant tell a different when the system goes into a force recharge or -13hp? Have you driven economy cars previously? 5hp is noticable with seat of the pants dyno.

The funny thing with this car, at least for me, is I don't care about the added HP... +5hp, from 98 to 103, will barely have any effect on the drive.
I cant get the video to load. I think this car has a nice sound already and it could use a slight freeing. I bet this and the KN filter gices 7 or so combined.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is a bit less than half what the hybrid system provides, you cant tell a different when the system goes into a force recharge or -13hp? Have you driven economy cars previously? 5hp is noticable with seat of the pants dyno.

I cant get the video to load. I think this car has a nice sound already and it could use a slight freeing. I bet this and the KN filter gices 7 or so combined.
You can see the video here: YouTube - bearsekk's Channel

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
Thanks, wow that sounds nice. Whats the seat of pants dyno? Any 0-60 rough est improvements? Does it seem to have more torque or lower improvements or does it pull to red line?

I see the car photo shows no rear red reflectors. Those are required in the US if the lamps do not have reflectors on the rear. If you tint the rear lamps, just make sure you put those back on or the local PD may have a cow.

Hey, could not find the red oil cap price, just see it on the list.

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
The name of the one I will not tell makes it easy to exceed 70mpg at 35 mph. I think part of it is the fact you can hear it load up and let off the throttle and hypermile better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts