Honda Insight Forum banner

Mugen Sports Suspension for Second-Gen Insight: Tested and Ready

8K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Liberalguy 
#1 · (Edited)

The Mugen Sport Suspension substantially improves the Insight's already good handling characteristics. Starting with a lower stance, the Mugen Sport Suspension will lower your Insight 1"

The combination of progressively-wound springs and carefully engineered compression and rebound shock settings maintain excellent ride characteristics without a harsh ride. As the suspension compresses, the spring rate increases. This greatly diminishes brake dive and squat during acceleration as well as sway during cornering. Crisper turn in and increased transient response are the hallmark of the Mugen Insight Sport Suspension.

The Mugen Sports Suspension has been thoroughly tested on the USDM Insight and is a direct bolt on installation.

Pricing here: http://www.kingmotorsports.com/category.aspx?cat=44#Product_1291

See less See more
#7 ·
Well, to be fair part of that price is likely the conversion from Yen to Dollars as our economy is in the gutter, anything imported is expensive as our money is worthless more and more every day.

Having said that, progressive rate springs get firmer and firmer as you compress them. Regular old springs do not do the same.

This way, the more you load the car, the less likely it will botom out and as you corner or lean they fight back more.

The shocks are likely valved differently for the firmer spring vs the oem ones.

I am new to Honda, but when it came to Toyota and TRD parts, many TRD parts were made by other companies and you can get the same part for much less without paying the price for the TRD logo. Like the exhausts for the scions were DC Sports.

#12 ·
Mugen Wheels

The first shipment of Mugen Insight parts arrives at the end of this month - but the quantities are limited until the next shipment, so order now! See a list of all Insight Parts here: King Motorsports Unlimited, Inc.
Has there been any discussion about the Mugen Wheel package for the insight.
I would be interested in some sporty wheels with proper fitment(no spacers needed).

#13 ·
The Mugen Wheels are Hott! I think they are briefly talked about in numerous treads, but no main topic on em when i searched. I dont know anyone with em yet.

quite a few wheels fit with no spacers, i run spacers with my Rays sometimes for shows just to line up with my wide body. but they are not needed to fit.

#14 ·
Mugen

If I was to just make a guess I would say the Wheels that are currently the Mugen Fit sport wheels are the same ones used with the Mugen Insight. Does anyone know if the Fit wheels and Insight wheels are the same? If this is the case then yes, there are a bunch of wheels in the correct sizing to purchase. I'm not trying to hijack this thread it's just that suspension and wheels kind of go together.

#16 ·
I wish I had the money to get new sexy wheels. I'm thinking about maybe looking into painting my wheels black to save money but still make them look better.

I'm pretty sure I've read that Insight 2s can be bought in Japan or UK with 16" wheels, so I assume those wouldn't need spacers or anything.. are those wheels available here?

#17 ·
I too am thinking about painting the wheels unless I see a steal on ebay for some 15s 4x100 size.

Spacers and wheel size are not related. I used 6mm spacer plates to even the edges of the wheels n tires with the body. It also feels more stable. You can change offset in the wheel order so no spacer plates are needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.