Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Mobile 1 0W-20 still available routinely anywhere or have you all gone to either Amsoil or 5W-20? (Those of you who haven't stocked-up when it was more available). Having a hard time finding it at local MUrrays, Pep Boys and NAPA stores.

·
Registered
466 Posts
wal-mart stocks it. and napa should have it in their computer so it can be shipped in.

also, amzoil now has a 0w20 available.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I 2nd Walmart. They usually have Mobil 1 for the cheapest prices as well.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Some Walmarts don't carry Mobil1 0w20. Mobil's website says the Walmart in Martinsburg carries it, but they don't and never have.

·
Registered
466 Posts
i saw some in the wal-mart by me the other day. i was tempted to buy some, but i have 3 quarts at home and i just changed the oil. i guess in another 8 months i will pick some up. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No oil at Walmart...I just ordered 6 qts online from "Auto Barn" of Mobile 1 0W-20 for $41.94 plus another 6 or 7 bucks for shipping. I could find nothing locally and I'm tired of hitting dead-ends. Now, to find the engine air-filters....Most places have "cabin-air" filters and autobarn lists the same number for both items but I doubt if it's true.

http://www.autobarn.net/oil44877.html

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
the interior A/C ait filter is definitely _not_ the same part as the engine air filter.

5w-20 is an acceptable weight substitute for 0w-20 and much easier to find.

Warning: Your MPG _will_ be lower, but I'd doubt you'll be able to measure the difference except in wintertime arctic conditions. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts