Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this should go here or in mods, but i think it is a relevent and cool product!

Well, about 2 months ago i picked a set of tire minders up (Special ordered 4, 40PSI models) and have been using them ever since. Great little gadgets to monitor tire pressure for 15 bucks. Im supprised no one on here has discussed them yet. They are green when the pressure of the tire is in the desired range, and red when they are out of that range! Saves alot of time over a guage

·
Registered
51 Posts
These look cool. Have you determined how accurate they are? Measured the pressure with a guage and compared?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I bought a set of these for a friend of mine who had leaky tires she didn't check as often as she needed to. It turned out they weren't reliable, they read OK when the pressure was low. Maybe buying ones for higher pressure than you intend might work, but if you're using 45 or 50 psi in your Insight I doubt you can find the right set.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far so good, I cant say how accurate they are, I will examine that over the next few months, nor can i speak on how durable they are either but time will tell.

In regards to finding the right pressure, if you order them direct from tireminder, or on ebay (Which is direct to the mfg as well) you can specify any PSI up to like 55psi I think? I bought 4, 40PSI Models and for the high pressure tire runners when visually you might not see a drop, these will probably be a big help

·
Registered
338 Posts
yep

I got slow leaks with two diff sets if I remember right.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts