Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Premium Member
You could just be me and lay a pad down and then install a 2 post lift in the backyard, oooo my wallet 馃槩馃槩馃槩馃槩馃槩...

Ironically, all told, with the work j have done since getting it installed in January has saved me 3x the cost in labor I would have payed at a shop :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:!

Premium Member
Insight axle CV joints basically don't fail or wear out on their own.

In the land of no rust, the only thing I've seen kill Insight axles is when the inner joint gets over extended and subsequently isn't put back together properly.
Mood. I have seen other cars axles fail internally with no visible signs from the outside(as I said in another post, I replaced a S80 V8 axle recently) but never an insight. 50k, 500k, doesn't matter, it just doesn't seem to happen. Honda reliability really gets me sometimes.

Premium Member
That's the stock transmission drain bolt. They are a pain in the rear to break loose, especially on rusty cars. When I did trans fluid on @EggEnjoyer's car before we drove it 2700mi home, when it broke loose my knuckle met the concrete with great speed. OOF

Premium Member
I just saw your most recent post. When I was just rebuilding my citrus, I could not get the trans to separate from the motor. This is because the trans corrodes and welds itself to the dowel pins. I had the benefit of having the engine out of the car, so I used a prybar on the top of the trans and pryed them apart.

Premium Member
It was somewhere in this area, but that doesn't really help you. Sorry.

Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Gas Auto part

Premium Member
That connector is for the commutation sensors... I definitely would inspect that plug very carefully and all the surrounding wires. If you pulled one it may not be making full contact.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts