Honda Insight Forum banner
81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
So these came in the Luk clutch kit.

I figure the plastic thing is used as the frst 2 special tools from the manual (combination clutch alignment shaft and remover handle).

I am not sure about the bearing. It does not look like the clutch release bearing or clutch pilot bearing from the manual.

And what is up with the Perfection Clutch HT-01?

Tool Gas Cylinder Office supplies Household hardware

Recipe Font Paper Paper product Document

Hmm, looked up prices. The ring gear holder is about $120. That seems a bit expensive.

·
Super Moderator
1,059 Posts
The more I look at those pictures of that clutch disk and pressure plate, the more I am convinced it's not the correct item for your Insight. Here are some pictures a genuine Exedy KHC11 clutch kit.

Furniture Table Gas Font Electric blue

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Crankset Bicycle part Gear

Clutch disk diameter is roughly 7.5 inches.

Table Shipping box Office supplies Office equipment Box

The release bearing.

Automotive design Office supplies Audio equipment Gas Writing implement

The clutch alignment tool says HONDA on it.

Office supplies Pen Tool Material property Automotive tire

The pilot bearing you have is wrong. Also, the your clutch disk alignment tool doesn't look right.

Automotive tire Alloy wheel Automotive design Rim Spoke

The relationship between the three dowel pin holes and the six mounting bolt holes on your pressure plate don't look correct.

Automotive tire Rim Bicycle part Machine Engineering

Automotive tire Alloy wheel Rim Auto part Machine

Automotive tire Rim Automotive wheel system Auto part Wrist

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Well I setup the return for the clutch with RockAuto.

Hopefully there will not be any more problems with this adventure. With the QuickJack I lost track of how many weeks and phone calls that took to get right with Home Depot.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
I got suggestions to just get a 32mm socket, but I got a set of 1/2 inch drive impact sockets, some impact wobble extensions and a u-joint adapter thing. The wobbles were useful.

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
When I went to empty the transmission, I saw this weird bolt. It turned out that a 3/8 inch drive fit it. It would not move with my small 3/8 ratchet wrench, so I got a 1/2 inch to 3/8 inch adapter. And I picked up something called PB Blaster I saw mentioned in some post.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Rim

Liquid Cosmetics Material property Gas Magenta

Fluid Paint Gas Plastic bottle Flooring

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
I got to the last step and yanked on the transmission, but it would not move. Maybe I missed a step.

In an earlier post you can see I got the top transmission mount.

Here are the under trans bolts removed:

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Alloy wheel

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Gas

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system Bumper

Lower transmission mount:

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design

Upper transmission bolt on the transmission side:

Automotive fuel system Light Hood Motor vehicle Electrical wiring

I did not get a picture of the upper transmission bolt on the engine side because it is hard to see. But believe me I removed it, it was time consuming.

I also got the transmission shift things off after I managed to get the cotter pins out.

And I got the cv axles out too.

I will look at the manual again tomorrow. I am done for the day.

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
That's the stock transmission drain bolt. They are a pain in the rear to break loose, especially on rusty cars. When I did trans fluid on @EggEnjoyer's car before we drove it 2700mi home, when it broke loose my knuckle met the concrete with great speed. OOF

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
I just saw your most recent post. When I was just rebuilding my citrus, I could not get the trans to separate from the motor. This is because the trans corrodes and welds itself to the dowel pins. I had the benefit of having the engine out of the car, so I used a prybar on the top of the trans and pryed them apart.

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
It was somewhere in this area, but that doesn't really help you. Sorry.

Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Gas Auto part

·
Super Moderator
1,059 Posts
There are six bolts that hold the transmission to the engine. The upper four bolts have 17mm hex heads and the two bottom ones have 14mm heads.

The trickiest one is high up on the back side of the engine under the exhaust manifold section of the head.

FadedBlue, you have my phone number. Please feel free to call me if you have any questions while working on your Insight.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
There are six bolts that hold the transmission to the engine. The upper four bolts have 17mm hex heads and the two bottom ones have 14mm heads.

The trickiest one is high up on the back side of the engine under the exhaust manifold section of the head.

FadedBlue, you have my phone number. Please feel free to call me if you have any questions while working on your Insight.
Six bolts. Hopefully the correct 6 bolts.

Pen Office supplies Textile Handwriting Font

81 - 100 of 112 Posts