Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got rear ended the other day tailgate trunk lid damaged bent out of shape and panel damage.
Im concerned about water getting into trunk and into the ima battery. Would the Ima battery be well sealed to prevent water from getting into it?
Or should i be really concerned?
Thanks guys.

·
Super Moderator
8,465 Posts
+1. In addition, any water in the rear tends to collect in the spare tire well, so you have some margin before water gets up to the battery level. Just keep an eye on any water collecting in the spare tire well. Pictures??

·
Super Moderator
8,465 Posts
Woops, I see that you are a Gen2. I really don't know much about the layout of the battery back there. Just keep your eyes open for large amounts of water getting into the rear. You could probably remove some of the battery covering and keep a close eye on any water intrusion. You can remove any water quickly with a sponge.

Since you were rear ended, you may get his/her insurance to repair the damage. Accept used parts in order to keep the cost below threshold where the car is totaled.

Pictures??

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replys guys.
damage is worse than it looks. was quoted 5 grand to repair. tailgate is actually bent out of shape and its not sealing trunk properly anymore. the rear was compressed at least a few inches.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts