Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Insight lovers,
Last Friday I received a message via my e-mail, or I want to call ASAP the tv station (the largest in this country) who makes car shows on tv. With my doubts I called them and asked what is going on ? :? The manager said: well....we are going to show the Civic IMA (wich is just for sale for a few months here in Holland) in our car show and we've heard that you (windmill) own a Honda Insight the grandfather of the Civic IMA, and because it is the only one here in the Netherlands we want it in the show..........

Comming Monday they are going to film my beauty.

Yes,...... my Insight on road tour 8) 8)

What do you people think, is this crazy or what :shock: I already said yes :wink:
Does anyone else have expirience with a situation like this ?

Cheers

·
Registered
348 Posts
That's way cool, man !
As I cannot receive your TV-station pleeeez tape it (on DVD.........tape?).
So we can watch it in a few weeks time . :wink:

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Thats Awsome! If you can video tape it and transfer it to a mpeg so others will be able to watch it. If not maybe someone else with a video capture card could transfer it.

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Windmill:

___Please have the TV stations engineers turn it into a variable bit rate based MPG so we can all enjoy the show via the internet once someone here is willing to host it. It doesn’t have to be a Hi-Def w/ DD surround production but a smallish 320x240 w/ mono audio sure would be nice ;)

___Good Luck and I look forward to at least seeing the stills!

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:3stkqrmw][email protected][/email:3stkqrmw]

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No. 166 said:
As I cannot receive your TV-station pleeeez tape it (on DVD.........tape?).
Well, if they promise what they've said: they are giving me a vhs videotape, but I will counter question them or they can put it on a cd-rom.
But hey, I do not know how long the Insight is on tv, maybe 30 seconds !!:lol: :lol: that is/was my glory on national tv and for the rest of my life !!:lol: :lol: I do not know the script of the day (29th mar), I let you Insight lovers know !

Yabbadabbadooooooo :wink:

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Now make sure you clean it up really nice for that TV spot. :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Yep, good luck and get polishing! :D

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yep, give the car a good scrub and wear a T-shirt with "insightcentral.net" on it !! (with permission of course)
That'll open some eyes :wink:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Windmill-

Congratulations! Your enthusiasm (for both the car and the event) is infectious.
This has to put you in the running for the “InisightCentral.net Insight Ambassador of the Year” award. :wink:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh yes I want to wear a insightcentral t-shirt but I have don't have one :cry: Hey moderators, it's time for some central's goodies, t-shirts, soks etc.... I don't even HAVE a honda shoerope, or honda sticker/decal !! I am gonna wash her Sunday :wink:

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Hi Windmill,

The Insight Central t-shirt is a very good idea. There are issues that there is no money/organisation on such items but maybe (I will investigate) there could be a free and accessible way:

I wounder if we could have a document/file/image that could be used by any local t-shirt printing shop and used to print it on a given t-shirt. I am thinking that there are local shops where you bring a picture of your child (or what ever) and they reproduce it on a white t-shirt.

Someone could produce a front and a back image to be kept on an internet server, then anyone could get the file and use it to it's local shop to make, on an individual bases, their own shirt.

Any idea or comment is very welcome. I will search the internet and will go to my local shopping mall where there is such a store. If it works, only a common file will do.

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Windmill:

___I am not saying don’t wear a T-Shirt but remember, you are representing a class act of Insighter’s from around the world. You may just want to wear something slightly more dress casual like a nicely colored Polo and a nice pair of Kacki’s/Levi Dockers if you have such dress over there? Maybe a bumper sticker or even a Honda Insight billed baseball cap or hat but not a T-Shirt … I think it was Insightman’s web site that showed him being interviewed by a local TV station and he was wearing an Insight T-Shirt or something??? I thought it looked a little goofy and not very representative myself …

___My sincere and public apology in advance to Insightman if that wasn’t him or wasn’t the case.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___[email:3nr833xi][email protected][/email:3nr833xi]

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Hi,

On that note, there are sewing stores that reproduce images on a computerized sewing machine, maybe a small logo to go on something more dressed? Same mall for me to look into.

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Yves:

___You have a winner. When and where do I send the check!

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___[email:fbbng7be][email protected][/email:fbbng7be]

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you want to make your own Insight T shirt just download whatever Insight image you want to reproduce, go to Staples and buy their Iron on kit. This will print with any ink jet or laser printer. Print the picture and transfer it onto the shirt. It is very easy. You can also make a mouse pad image if you want. My computer mouse sits on an image of a silver Insight.
________
Bill

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Hi Wayne,

As Bill wrote, I was more thinking of an individual action to go to a local store. I will check the 'Bureau en Gros' which is our conterpart of Staples here. The main idea was the use of a common image/logo.

I think that just agreing to an image and logo could take some time.

Maybe if some people can not have access to a local store, then it could be made in a batch. I am of the paranoide type when money is envolved on the internet ( i do not use banking, ebay, ...)

·
Registered
83 Posts
My beauty on national TV

:lol:Hey "Windmill" congrats on your upcoming TV spot. In early april 2000 right after purchasing my insight I was asked to do a TV interview at the local dealership where I had purchased mine. They got me to come down there and explain on live TV how the car worked and asked why I had wanted to buy one. Several weeks passed and and the same TV station news people came out to the office where I worked and got me to say a few things about the car and showed me driving around the parking lot. I far as I know I have owned mine longer than anyone else in Dallas. :lol:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tim Maddux said:
What, pray tell, is a "shoerope?" Google was of no help to me here.
Sorry Tim, maybe my Inglisch isn't that great after all, but how do you call those tings/ropes to tighten up your shoes :wink: Oh yeah, I know it.....shoe-lace. (sorry)
Yesterday I walked nearby a store where they sell "do it your self print t-shirts" I will ask them what they can do ! Anyhow, I am gonna wear a nice blouse, with Hawaian flowerprint on it and crocodile leather shoes and shew tabacco :lol: :lol:
Actually I don't think I come on tv, but only the car, I don't know ther script yet, I just don't expect that much of it, you never know how tv people are :wink:
Thump for me guys 8)
Cheers

1 - 20 of 57 Posts