Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive tryed lubed,and some bearing grease. When i shut door it bangs on the latch and wont close. I have to push the latch up on the side of the door. I see 3 screws holding the latch on..anybody ever see this issue and what was the repair. Thanks in advance for any tips.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cant believe nobody had this issue..put some lithuim grease on last nite and let it soak in,seems to help some today..

·
Registered
2002 Monte Carlo Blue CVT
739 Posts
Sometimes on Volvo tailgate latches, the piece that closes the latch will move forward and become engaged thereby blocking the slot the catch is supposed to capture. Fix was to get in with a screw driver and ease the piece back in to place. A little lube wouldn't hurt.

I don't know if the Honda door latches operate similarly and have never had the issue with a Honda, so this is pure guess work on my part.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help..the white lithuim lube been working 2 days now. But the heat start make my drivers window stick again. Got love these old hondas.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes the white spray type lube seem to help . Today i have my Genisis 1 charger on my sons 2003 civic hybrid working on get it ready to try pass its emissions up here in Maryland. Thank you for asking..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts