Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When the China disease starts restricting my world to a little realm called my permanent cell - with video display screen and salty snacks, I begin to have visions of freedom and unfettered motion, of life as it once was. Such earthly illusions are sometimes satisfied for a while by entering my own little sterile capsule for a readjustment period. Now my little escape capsule is constructed of aluminum, with portals from which I can view the magic of changing scenery, and restore what was likely always the illusion of my freedom. What's more, the little capsule has it's own power supply and supplimentary electrical generator to propel it through space. It also has a wonderful set of displays to monitor its inner workings, its state of health, and provide clear indications of just how efficiently it is navigating space and time.

Space and time, now that is an interesting question: we always knew space was multi-dimensional. Unfortunately, my capsule can only navigate two of the many dimensions of space. It cannot yet explore the magic of singularities and fortunately it is carefully protected from black holes - so far. But WAIT - it seems that at each point of seeming two dimensional space, there exists immagination which transports the mind to other places, perhaps another dimension.

AND OF TIME:"Are we just boats against the current, born ceasely back into the past," or is our time only one dimensional and always forward. Someone said, "The past is never dead, the past isn't even past," If true, then time is an illusion and our capsule isn't just confined to the forward dimension of time, but is free to range over differnt dimensions. (Profound appologies to Fitzgerald and Faulker sequentially in the singular time dimension.)

AND the senses: The assault of the salty smell of navigating without climate control, the smell of new mown hay, and the smell of aluminum in the early morning air. Tis esape indeed. Thus strengthened, I return to my stale cell and now can beat on against the current.

Registered
I love them too馃

Sometimes I don鈥檛 know what
brilliant exceptional prepared proven people are talking about.

One thing I know about the present. Dew to the amount of time it takes For impulses to travel through our nerves. Chemical reactions to happen on receptors neurons response time we are always about 1/10 of a second behind the present. Synapse.

I really love these cars Insight central not bad either.

Registered
I hear ya on that! Confession time here, half the reason my miles driven hasn't gone down since covid is because I take joyrides in the Insight just to get out and get some fresh air and shift some gears. 馃槀

Reactions: jime

Registered
Well, we all need an escape, away from this madness known as the pandemic. I just hope that scientists would be able to find a cure/vaccine soon.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #5
We live in a changed world, and it isn't as pretty as the last one:(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts