Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a great genuine UK tax free G1 car for someone.
It's my wifes old car, and the first G1 Insight we ever owned and I worked on.

I'm not selling it, and have no connection with the seller.
It had a pampered life with us for ten years until a year or so ago when it was sold on.

It had the rear cross member removed, blasted, bushes replaced and powder coated a while back, which is very useful in our climate.
New IMA battery a few years ago. Matiz rear springs.

I would say it's now worth 4k of anyones money, and with a powder coat wheel refurb £200 (although they look ok in the photos)
and a bit of bodywork it would be an excellent well preserved example..

The high lifetime mpg reflects it was driven with care, and I remember in standard form we managed 116 mpg (uk) for over 300 miles on a run one day.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2001-Honda-Insight-mk-1-rare-UK-car-zero-road-tax-ULEZ-exempt/143365004379

·
Registered
140 Posts
I know it used to be yours Peter, but you can import one from Japan with half the mileage, 2006 model year, everything working and no body damage for a lot less, which is what I did. Also like mine it can be a CVT which was essential for me. The big plus was also the choice of colours and no corrosion at all, but your old car is tidy, and looks nice

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've just made an offer peter, so let's see !
My main worry is the air con and rear demister. Ideally I'd like to get an original stereo and the wheels recut too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts