Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went from San Diego to Carson City for a birthday party yesterday. 114 miles @82.9 MPG. Yeee Haaa!!! I averaged between 54-65 mph and used premium gas and had my brand new Potenzas at 52/52psi.

One thing I noticed was that the comfort level on a fresh set of tires vs ones at the wear limit is HUGE! Th old set made any bump a really unsettling experience, the new ones take it all in stride, feels like a fresh set of shocks.

Another thing; the ride to LA is largely uphill and I was REALLY looking forward to the return trip and a 90 MPG or better reading unfortunately Labor day traffic made the 1hr 45min trip into 3hrs 10 min. UGH. Still, the mileage only dropped down to 78 untill I finally busted out of traffic and had to give up economy for a full on power dash so as not to not miss a social event.

Final score: 76 MPG over 250 miles AND I won first place in the go kart race in Carson City!

I'm learning!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good job!

I live in a really hilly area, but I managed to get 70.1 mpg over about 140 miles. I am definitely learning like you are. Maybe I will get into the eighties, but right now I can only do that one way and not the round trip. I don't think learning ever stops throughout the duration of owning the car.

·
Super Moderator
5,171 Posts
Forget paying extra for premium. It doesn't help mileage and may even hurt, since it is engineered to burn slower. Of course if you just filled up you are stuck with it for the next 600+ miles. :)

Great mileage, and welcome to the Group!

Sam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts