Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as I have perdicted my IMA came on MONTHS after my initial problems. Vindicating my theorey ONCE again

As I was driving through town today, Total loss of IMA Power, no charge, no assist, and then IMA light and Check engine light came on

·
Registered
16 Posts
i had a similar problem the other day. you can probably fix it if you have the honda service manual. do the MCM reset procedure (fuse 15 under the dash) then do the forced charge procedure by removing the EPS fuse. I did this, both check angine and IMA turned off and it's been good even since.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took the car to "MrFixIt" right after this happened

He scanned the codes and there was i think a few codes in it, one being a P1600?? which said IMA malfunction (can verify next week)

He Cleared the system, Turned the car back on, and all the codes came back on after the clearing. He is going to look into it further next week

"Sad to say but it dosen't appear he's looking for help anymore."

Well I was looking for help for the past 7 months on my IMA situation. Now with just over 2k km left on the warrenty, maybe now things will get sorted like they should have... I am relieved to say the least

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, maybe i should have expanded on that

I am relieved that my IMA through the error codes while still under warrenty.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dropped my Insight off at "MrFixIt" s shop today for a few hours so he could go over it.

The specific Error code is number 78 indicating battery pack deteriation. He did a full reset and the codes came back as well, he then checked all fuses inside the IMA cover (which were fine), and did a battery test with a volt meter on the battery which is no longer holding a charge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts