Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the call. The truck just pulled into the dealer, carrying my new Insight I ordered last March. Depending on the other cars they have to unload and process, it should be ready to pick up today or tomorrow.

Red, 5-speed w/Air. It's interesting that the highest tech car on the road has few enough options that it can be so completely specified in that one, short first line of this paragraph.

Ironically, I've been without an Insight the whole time I've been participating in this list, since my 2000 was wrecked last February and I didn't find out about the list until after that.

So, after almost 4 months, I get to drive one again. I have to relearn the difference between the controls on it and the 1992 Civic. Center horn instead of buttons to the side. High beams are a forward position of the turn signal instead of a toggling pull back. The Insight's rear wiper control is where the Civic's front wiper control is, and the front wiper involves moving the stem instead of twisting it.

Wouldn't it be nice if the interface was standardized across vehicles? I guess I'll be installing the new radio this weekend...

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Congratulations!!! Hopefully now that you have your new Insight you might be able to forgive and forget the idiot with the jaws of life??!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Why are the controls in different positions and work differently than your older car?

You obviously are not up on marketing. They have to keep making cars better otherwise no one would buy a new one. And when they can not make them better, they'll make them different and then say it's better!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Somehow I still have my 2000 silver 5-speed. Only thing I'd do different is to get it in red. Reason is I have been in four collisions, two of them read-enders. Maybe a red Insight could have avoided at least one of the two rear-end collisions. While the other person was held at fault in all four collisions, the two front-end collisions might have been avoided if my speed was slower.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Congrats Will,
Glad to see that you will finally be back on the road with the rest of us. Yeah i hated the radio that came with my 2000 too, its the cheapest little thing, I broke down 2 years ago and got a Kenwood MP3 player, Now thats what belongs in a car like an Insight.

Have fun,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts