Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I had to put that in caps, just today I had to change a flat tire and guess what? No tire jack, I looked for it everywhere and there's nothing there. Luckly I rolled slowly to a gas station and filled the tire just until I'll get a new tire. :mad: So for everyone else just take a minute and check to see if you got one under that mat in the back trunk... K thanks But honestly what the hell, I really wonder why it wasn't there.. :-? Guess I better buy one, I have zero problems changing having done it many times before for friends etc..

·
Premium Member
9,876 Posts
Sometimes they are "under" the spare tire.

HTH
Willie

·
Registered
818 Posts
I might stick mine on the far right wedged on the outside edge of the IMA bay, but I also took out the foam and aluminum piece on the side too.

pretty much any jack will lift our car. You could ask a local junk yard for the smallest scissor jack they have, should be cheap.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might stick mine on the far right wedged on the outside edge of the IMA bay, but I also took out the foam and aluminum piece on the side too.

pretty much any jack will lift our car. You could ask a local junk yard for the smallest scissor jack they have, should be cheap.
That's the plan now, I don't want to go through this again, I could of been in a worst spot...

·
Registered
12 Posts
My insight has his Jack above the wheel well on the right side. There is a door to open in the trunk to get to the jack

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I'm not sure it's wise to use Fix a Flat in a tire with pressure monitoring. My daughter's Kia did not come with a spare or tools, just a pump and some fix it stuff. Twice it had to be towed because it had major tire failure. It got a spare and tools...so keep in mind that there are instances where you may not "be on your way"

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
+1 on what Auric said. The scissor jack should be behind the latch on the back of the right rear wheel well, inside the boot space.

If it really is missing though it saves you a lot of agony.
I have used said jack to swap all 4 wheels for winter tires and absolutely hate it; moreover, after the first 2 wheels it got harder and harder to turn at all, despite the abundance of grease. It is not fit for repeated use.

I now have a small hydraulic jack which works like a miracle.

Mine has no spare tire but came with a Honda tire seal kit and electric pump (and that jack).
The tire seal goo ruins the tire and messes up the rim, so is to be avoided if possible.
The pump was very handy when I had a slowly deflating tire; I added air and drove it to the garage to get the tire plugged. It holds up fine.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Yep. That Jack is dreadful for changing over 4 wheels. Happily the wheel change this winter coincided with my last service and the dealer offered to change them free of charge while they had the car in.

In the UK some tyre fitting chains guarantee to clean out and attempt a repair tyres that have been filled will Holts Tyre Weld (an aerosol based 'fix a flat' type thing). I keep a couple of cans in the boot and would definitely give them a go before using the Honda gunk.

·
Registered
831 Posts
If you eventually have to get a new tire after using fix a flat stuff, make sure you tell the tire installer that you have used it in that tire. I've heard from more than one source that they will really appreciate the information in advance.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I was wrong... That tire jack was in a little door compartment on the far right.... I had no idea they would throw it in there. Every other car had it on the wheel or somewhere visible near the spare. Thanks for posting that pdf that helped...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts