Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was traveling southbound today on I65 just North of Louisville. There is construction through there so Big Rigs are forced to use the two left lanes.

One big rig needed to exit at exit 6, which is 265 west i think and merged right into me forcing me off the road down a bank and up an embankment.

After the shock was over, i got out. The trucker did not stop, neither did anyone behind me or any other truckers. Very Pathetic!

I have a big gouge in my insight on the drivers side where his lug nuts dug into me.

State Police didn't catch him that I know of!

I'm pretty sore in the shoulders, neck and back, but I'm alive. I did get to drive the Insight on home and it drove okay, doesn't seem to be hurt other than the driver side damage!

JJ

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
HI JJ, good that you are well but sad about your car. Post pics if you have any.
Sometimes I wish the Insight came with a big rig horn so that others can hear it when they do not see it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
KY and Insights

Hello,
It seems KY living can be kind of hard on Insights. Whlle I was finishing up my degree at UK over the summer, a storm hit Lexington, causing a very large tree brach to fall on my Insight. You can see the results at the link below. Don Jacobs Honda repaired it and did a pretty good job considering what they had to work with!

http://sweb.uky.edu/~rmbram2/insightsmashed.jpg

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Is it even possible that the guy didn't even notice as he ran over you?

I suppose if it's got a crappy driver not paying attention, a big rig could rub out an Insight and not feel it?

More likely he figured he could pretend to have not seen anything if he were caught.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update

I have pictures, but don't really have a way to put them on here. If anyone wants them they can email me or let me know.

I found out which company the truck belonged to. I had told the state trooper it was a maroon colored semi, pulling a flatbed trailor. I also told me it was something like Worrick, or Warvick on the side of the semi.

Turns out there is a company called Maverick that fits the description, i pulled up there website and looked at their tractors.. YUP, its them. Maybe I can get something worked out now.

[/img]

·
Registered
75 Posts
incrimination

If he made actual physical contact with your car i would think that there should be some paint residue on his truck.

Personally I hope you nail their asses. All the road construction guys are rushing to finish before the first freeze (usually dec) and are getting real sloppy about safety.

·
Registered
741 Posts
This happens to me all the time (regardless of which car I drive). I've become so used to truckers shoving me off the road that I mentally prepare myself to honk the horn & slam the brakes at the same time.

Fortunately I live in area with lane-sized edges (for emergency vehicles), so I can drive off the road & not wreck.

Unfortunately, watching how people zig-zag in-and-around semis, I can't really blame the truckers. It must be extremely frustating to need to change lanes, but the drivers in cars don't let you.

Anyway, I hope you find the guy. It's unfortunate you could not get his tag number.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had a Semi purposely force me off the road when I was driving through VA at about 4am. Then he had the nerve to swerve across the highway at 30mph so I couldn't pass.

Honestly, it's a REALLY good thing he didn't hit me 'cause if he did I would have followed him until he stopped and beaten the bejezus out of him. I'm not inclined to road rage, but seriously since I got my insight arrogant, dangerous drivers are way up on my hit list.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I talked with the trucking company today and they were very nice. TOld me to send pictures and estimates. They are going to investigate and see what driver was in that area.

The Indiana State police told me I did a nice bit of detective work and offered me a job. ahahahha

-JJ

1 - 11 of 11 Posts