Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after much search and asking a lot of questions on this forum (thanks everyone), I found my Insight. A 2000 with 29500 miles on it and a LMPG of 58.5 (that number will be coming up). And it came as a Honda Certified Used Vehical, which made the buying descion easier.

I had to fly from Fort Worth to New Orleans last night to pick it up. Drove back today and got 67.9 mpg.

Still getting used to city driving with it. Managed to drain the battery tooling around Fort Worth, but have it back to a half charge already.

Anyways, if anybody ever needs a good Honda dealer near New Orleans, head over to Honda of Covington. They were great.

Looking forword to many happy miles and lots of good conversation.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Congratulations!

Summers in D/FW can drain the hybrid battery if there is much stop-and-go.

If you ever need body work, Goodson Acura in Irving is likely where you will go. Shops that work on aluminum bodies are still limited.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Welcome aboard. At 67.9 you can drive about 680 miles on a fill up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Over the weekend I changed the oil to Mobil 1 and aired the tires up to 40 front, 38 rear.

Reset the segment display pulling out of my driveway and drove my 33 mile commute. Managed to get 80.1 mpg. I am sure this will drop on my way home as there is much more traffic (stop, go, stop again, go, stop and talk to the guy next to you).

Overall, I think I am pretty happy at this point. Who wouldn't be?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts