Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far, I've ordered custom made rubbertite floor mats and cargo mat (i tend to spill drinks in the car, so best protect). I'll be ordering a pair of wet okole car seats in the near future. I'm in the process of trying to secure myself a car cover for the insight from Japan. I'm also getting my window tinted on Monday. The car dealership is lagging their *** on ordering the new car door panel. UGH. That's the only downside so far.

My first tank of gas lasted me 645 miles before I had to fill up. THe next tank of gas has lasted me 695 miles. I've found that when there's 1 tick left on the gas gauge, I was able to fill up 10.25 gallons, so the gas gauge in my car seems pretty damn accurate. Most of the driving during the day has been WITH A/C!

I'll be doing some warm air mods to the vehicle when it gets colder out here.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I put a set of Wet Okole covers in mine a couple weeks ago. They fit great. When you do it pull out the whole seat so you can get them tight. 4 bolts for the each seat plus one for the seatbelt and you can just lift them out. The driver side has a connection for the seat belt alert, a little tough to disconnect, but otherwise very easy to remove them.
Honda uses some form of locktite on the bolt threads, so if it seems too hard to turn them that's why.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live near one of Okole's shops, so I'm going to have them install the car seats for me! :D I'm glad they fit really well. my concern is with heat buildup- because other neoprene car seat covers are prone to that. What do you think?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well, my Insight sits out all day in the sun at Signal Hill (Long Beach) and it gets pretty hot inside even with the sunshades I stuff in the windshield. Other than the odor (they do out-gas a lot ) from the neoprene I haven't had a problem. The new-neoprene smell seems to have gone down considerably in the last week.
I'm hoping the sunshades will ameliorate UV damage.
The seats don't feel hot to sit on, but then I wear jeans most of the time.

Since I have already spilled a little coffee on the seat I can attest to their water proof-ness :roll: But then that's one of the reasons I bought them too.

I bought the regular seats with a tan #17 inside. At first it seemed a little too light colored, but once I had it in the car it seemed ok. Now I don't notice any difference between the original upholstery and the seat cover.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good to know! I've been debating which tan I should get. I got sample swatches, but it's so hard to tell from an itsy piece of cloth

1 - 5 of 5 Posts