Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[mod edit: Removed all bold emphasis. Similar to all caps. Please don't]

Want to introduce myself. Have wanted an Insight since first manufactured but was single Mom, little kid, no way to shut off passenger airbag. Now he's 15 and I finally got my Insight. 5 days into ownership of very red, 2000 model with 197,970 miles on it. LOVE IT. Top mpg over the past week, 60.3 mpg and 54.5mpg avg. at 70mph. So cool. I have no complaints. It's a HONDA.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
They are cool, that's for sure. Just had a long discussion about the Insight design with the guy at the car parts store.

Is yours an automatic or a manual shift?

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
I think your son is going to want to borrow the keys when he gets his licence. ;)

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Weldome to the world of the Honda Insight! and best of luck with the little red jewel.

Fred / Proud Owner of "The Silver Bullet"

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
staceyt said:
<snip>...Mom, little kid, no way to shut off passenger airbag.
Hi staceyt and welcone to the forums :!: :)

Too bad you didn't ask here years ago...

Just a friendly FY(and others)I:

There are aftermarket passenger air bag switches available for most makes and models that are not factory equipped with such. Google is your friend.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After Market?

My Insight is a stick. I had no clue about aftermarket, but am now asking if this little beauty can be retrofitted with cruise control. I have a lead foot, have to travel daily in my job. Got the car to save on gas and cause I love it's aerodynamics, but don't want to swap gas savings with supporting my local police dept.

Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Re: After Market?

staceyt said:
am now asking if this little beauty can be retrofitted with cruise control.
Any thoughts on this?
Before I got my Insight I too was 100% positive I'd want cruise control. Now that I've been driving it I prefer NOT having cruise control. Driving for economy means you're not at constant speed, and I find I thoroughly enjoy manipulating the gas etc. to achieve that. I think you'll be amazed what this little car can do once you learn the methods.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts