·
Super Moderator
9,434 Posts
Beautiful car.

Hope this isn't your last one ;)

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Why not SORN it now, keep it in your garage or driveway for five years, then ship it to the US, do the US version of this year's Canada tour, and deliver it to the buyer at the airport you fly home from? That's a UK CVT which means it has lean burn, right? And lithium? And your other tricks? And awesome cool right hand drive? And that double DIN radio? And...! I bet that by then, it will pay for its boat ride, and your vacation.

·
Administrator
13,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably my last one for a while.

I don't have space really to keep it on SORN long term and the cost of insuring/mot/servicing it each year is going up.
I have enough spares and knowledge to support UK G1 owners without actually needing one myself now.

My development time is currently focussed on the CAN bus IMA cars and a million other things.

·
Linsight Designer
3,596 Posts
Peter, I sure hope that selling your last G1 Insight doesn't mean you're leaving the forums anytime soon.
You're a pillar in this community!

FYI: Your link to linsight.org isn't formatted properly:
Existing:
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.linsight.org%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR04XHFxnoyYYeKKRWAGjUT9QfluwVxxYHNdKMFEL407sMNLNv1zR7PcvjQ&h=AT08o0RQ70n7Vrj8NYy4l6S4e9_K01mW_wTqd7vAMjdOP-cWo2RKbp3UR7HZ_dj0WnhUHSZf950Ib8_qH-gOh940lVzYbfoQrxIaKFlBwSV7RqcD3d-LSzPe3w-9-lkP&__tn__=-UK-R&c[0]=AT2LpfLSMOlZJInS4t_Hh7N9N-Kgpq7Gt_yIjzYc1eiPMWqmic1WHVv3m5Y6F_F3w473PEbHtP3FsJRnLmC64X9FkherM1il3Swyv8r4h5DUVhxIq64_JWf-Zgm46cvgL0OLPK5jOWqec2mdVhvG1Iv2FVAHy52QhuB2a6glCiUszKMuvSeCa0GgZkucMk7oNKpFZciP36Z_m2ypWG0
Correct:
http://www.linsight.org

·
Administrator
13,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Nope not leaving, just cutting my cloth (cars) to fit my pension income.
I get calls/emails/work daily from IMA car owners :LOL: I won't be allowed to retire!

I have my cars on the bench (Insight G1 and CRZ) and don't need a physical car sat on the drive to work on the old G1 IMA stuff.

·
Super Moderator
9,434 Posts
Nope not leaving, just cutting my cloth (cars) to fit my pension income.
I have the same issue - three cars, one driver.

I'm conniving to sell everything but my "hobby" insight. Daughter wants me to keep the Lithium Civic hybrid though.:unsure:

·
Registered
'06 Red MT 82k; '00 Silvertone MT x3: 104k, 114k, 219k
83 Posts
Momentous news. I hope it sells for over list.
I just noticed that you are in Hull. I've been there on my one and only trip to the UK. I was visiting the Colbrooks. Glad to know you will continue to be an active part of this group. All the best to you.

·
Administrator
13,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LiBCM equipped car now sold and collected. :cry:

I bought it back once before after selling it.
You never know I might do it again in a year or two!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts