Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
BLeFevre said:
I was always fighting other drivers for position and I was good at it. I was also very worked up always trying to "get past" the next driver.
What about the danger? Zipping in and around other cars is a great way to make a mistake, and thereby cause an accident. Did you not care?

I too drive fast (~80 mph), but I always stay in the far-left lane with plenty of space in front of me. I see no advantage zig-zagging through traffic. Too risky.

I even feel a little uncomfortable with how long I take to brake when I'm trying to get regen. There are times that I just say "screw it, let's favor auto-stop", kill the heater, and slam on the brakes
I coast from 55 to 25... and then shift to neutral to engage autostop. BTW, that "coasting to light" behavior is something I've done for a long, long time... even before I got my hybrid. I don't see any reason to speed towards a stop sign. Only idiots do that.

·
Registered
741 Posts
ElectricTroy said:
I coast from 55 to 25... and then shift to neutral to engage autostop.
To be more specific:
(1) Driving a long at 55 mph singing to the radio...
(2) Uh oh, red light.
(3) Gentle braking in 5th gear to light CHRG...
(4) CHRG light turns off at 25 mph.
(5) Shift to neutral and brake hard to engage autostop light...
(6) Drift slowly to a stop.

It take a bit of practice, but after awhile you'll do it automatically without even thinking about it. 8)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts