Honda Insight Forum banner

MYBRID accident photos

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Yves M. 
#1 ·
The first pictures of the damage are here.

G
#2 ·
Hi Armin:

___That hurts! I must have missed the accident details in the Yahoo Honda-Hybrid forum so please update me … It looks like you slid underneath an 18-wheeler’s trailer or a large boulder fell out of the sky and hit the poor little thing?

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:3gingwox]Waynegerdes@earthlink.net[/email:3gingwox]

#4 ·
Well, it wasn't quite an 18-wheeler, just a Civic. I was on a very short on-ramp, looking over my sholder for a split seconf to get ready to merge, when the car in front of the Civic stopped short. There was nowhere to go!

I'm hoping the ABS is ok, it looks like it only got pushed back. That's an expensive part!

Will keep you posted as I asses the damage better...

#8 ·
Holicow said:
Is it running OK?
The engine was still running after the crash. But when I restarted it after the police was done recording everything, it made strange sounds and there was some smell coming from it.

I think some stuff got pushed in to touch the accessory belt or other moving parts. That will be top on my list of things to check...

There are no oil or coolant leaks! Well, there might be finer cracks in the radiator, it definitely got it. But at least there was nothing running out.

#9 ·
update

Some more photos here.

Looks like there will be welding required. The houslng of the ABS modulator is cracked, I hope it still works! I'm not terribly encouraged right now...

But I think I know what caused the smell and smoke when I tried to run the engine after the accident: an AC tube got pushed in, hitting a pulley from the utility belt. The friction when it ran must have caused it to burn a little. So I'm still confident the engine is OK.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.