Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After trying to share the same space on the road with a Civic, and a subsequent journey through different body shops, my Insight is finally coming home for me to work on him myself.

I thank everybody who has emailed me in support and will keep the group updated on the restauration process.

If anyone hears of someone gutting an Insight for parts, I need front-end stuff: headlights, radiator, bumper and passenger side fender, and some internal components. I would appreciate if you could keep your eyes out for Insights with rear-end damage on junkyards or auctions.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cakley said:
a guy on ebay has been parting out a car for some time now. i think his user name was redliner
I remember that! But it wasn't redliner and I can't find the auctions on ebay any more.

Does anyone remember the guys name?

Thanks!

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Armin:

___I just posted to the Yahoo-Honda-Hybrid group about the same Ebay guy as Cakely did … The seats are about the only thing that went for a decent price a few weeks ago but everything else that has sold to date seemed pretty reasonable to me?
___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:cwmypjqo][email protected][/email:cwmypjqo]

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I sent him a message while all those auctions were going on asking if he had any specific parts. Sounded like the car was sandwiched straight in the back and off set in the front. He had one head light with busted mounting tabs, and no tail lights or other front or rear parts it seems except for one fender with a big dent in it. I bought a few things from him myself.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I just bought an exhaust from redliner (wich is the converter!!!!) for $45.- :lol:

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cakley said:
it was user ID redlinear
Yes! That's him!

Looks like Rick didn't have any luck getting other parts from him, but I emailed him anyway. Doesn't hurt to ask!

I took a few pictures of the damage yesterday, but I can't find the cable to hook my camera up to the computer to download them...

·
Registered
295 Posts
cakley said:
Damn I was bidding on that :!: :!: But it was my bedtime :p

If you want to sell it or the old one keep me in mind.
It was for me 4:15 in the morning!!! :x
But if I wreck the car, I put it up for sale. :cry:

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Dang, your lucky that was off of a 01, otherwise I'd have been bidding on it myself. They changed the 02 sensor setup after 01 so it wouldn't have worked, but having a spare nox converter is a good idea, especially at that price. They list for over a grand! But then again putting a used catylitic converter on a car in my state is illegal so maybe it saved me some trouble.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Rick said:
...putting a used catylitic converter on a car in my state is illegal so maybe it saved me some trouble.
Oh dear...I'm an outlaw 8)
Why? It is a converter, what is illegal about it?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
In my state I know at least it is illegal to put a used catylitic converter on a car, even if it's in good working condition. It's also illegal to remove one from a car unless it is no longer working properly. In other words if my car threw a code for new cats if I found a set at a junk yard and put them on the car it would not be legal. I'd technically have to go to the dealership and order them brand new.

This knowledge comes from having an emissions repair shop in the family.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts