Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I sent him a message while all those auctions were going on asking if he had any specific parts. Sounded like the car was sandwiched straight in the back and off set in the front. He had one head light with busted mounting tabs, and no tail lights or other front or rear parts it seems except for one fender with a big dent in it. I bought a few things from him myself.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Dang, your lucky that was off of a 01, otherwise I'd have been bidding on it myself. They changed the 02 sensor setup after 01 so it wouldn't have worked, but having a spare nox converter is a good idea, especially at that price. They list for over a grand! But then again putting a used catylitic converter on a car in my state is illegal so maybe it saved me some trouble.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
In my state I know at least it is illegal to put a used catylitic converter on a car, even if it's in good working condition. It's also illegal to remove one from a car unless it is no longer working properly. In other words if my car threw a code for new cats if I found a set at a junk yard and put them on the car it would not be legal. I'd technically have to go to the dealership and order them brand new.

This knowledge comes from having an emissions repair shop in the family.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.