Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like I have blown a headgasket and it needs replacement. Do you know anyone good that can work on engines in the southern California region?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi sabro,

I have mentioned in a few other threads that you can find a good Insight mechanic who *owns* an Insight at Woodland Hills Honda -- don't know if this is too much out of your way ("southern California" is a pretty huge region!). His name is Edgar; if you want him to work on your car, talk to his service manager, Adam.

-fly

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,925 Posts
Like what was said. So Cal is big!
Another good reason to put your exact location in your profile.
I can recommend a shop in the San Diego area.
About as South as you can be. ;

I had an "oops". I posted about the head gasket thing in the parts section of your post. It should be here. Also additionally, the headgasket problem I referred to is on page 18 (I think) of the mentioined thread.HTH

Willie

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a truck and a tow dolly and I am willing to travel a bit.

Thanks guys...

Let me look for the information from the other threads... if I can't find it, can you post a phone number?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For the record... I live in Arrowbear and I work in San Gabriel... Anywhere in the San Gabriel or Pomona Valley is really good. Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino are all within reasonable driving at this point.

I need someone honest and reasonable...

·
Registered
240 Posts
sabro said:
Let me look for the information from the other threads... if I can't find it, can you post a phone number?
Woodland Hills Honda: 800-634-7185
Adam's direct line: 818-719-5445

It is a dealership, so some amount of scummery is inevitable (hey, I just made up a word!), but Edgar is a very honest, capable mechanic. As I had mentioned previously, I was really impressed with the fact that he *undercharged* for work (I'm surprised the dealership let him, frankly). Plus, he owns an Insight and enjoys every chance he gets to work on one. We discovered him when we found his Insight in one of the bays at the dealership, and it had a double-din Nav in it (cool!). A few months later, we installed a double-din Nav in our '01 Insight!

Anyway, since you're calling them "out of the blue", tell Adam that Cleopatra referred you and you want Edgar to work on your car -- then he knows you're not messing around. He knows I don't take any crap from them, so the referral is handy in that sense. :)

Good luck!

-flymuck (yeah, that's right, I'm just a grrrrrl!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts