Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Insight was deemed "totaled" by my insurance company after hitting a deer. I'm trying to repair it myself and so I'm looking for parts to fix it. I would like a new radiator and I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation of where to go. Does it just have to be an aluminum core that fits the Insight?
Also, does anyone happen to have a spare silver hood laying around? :)
Thank you!
Sarah
Oregon

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,656 Posts
You might try "Performance Radiators" main office is in tempe az. I think.
HTH
Willie

·
7,183 Posts
I would try and find a stock Insight radiator at a junkyard. Trying to make something aftermarket works sounds like a bad idea.

For reference while shopping, a brand new radiator is $212 from Honda.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My Insight was deemed "totaled" by my insurance company after hitting a deer. I'm trying to repair it myself and so I'm looking for parts to fix it. I would like a new radiator and I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation of where to go. Does it just have to be an aluminum core that fits the Insight?
Also, does anyone happen to have a spare silver hood laying around? :)
Thank you!
Sarah
Oregon
Sarah,

First and foremost, sorry to hear about your run-in with a deer! Speaking from personal experience, I know wallop those suckers can pack on cars :(

As for a good source to procure your radiator from, hondapartsnow.com sells an OEM Denso radiator for $214, which is some $90 cheaper than what Honda dealerships ask for the same unit.

And I seem to recall someone on this board who was parting out their Insight recently..I don't remember if they have a silver Insight though ;)

·
7,183 Posts
Majestic Honda is cheaper than hondapartsnow.com.

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Majestic Honda is cheaper than hondapartsnow.com.
and g1parts.com cheaper than both :). $216.63 (Free Shipping)

but i'd try ebay. Even aftermarket ones are made to oem specs and should work fine. I put an eBay aftermarket one in different car and was less than half cost of an original one, and it fit just fine, and has been working good so far.

I see aftermarket ones on ebay for around $100. for example this is one I saw:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-2001-2002-2003-2004-2005-06-Honda-Insight-Radiator-/270786563277?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f0c230ccd

·
7,183 Posts
Yeah, I should have recommended g1parts. They're a few dollars more, but the cheap shipping makes it worth it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Also try Rock Auto they have Spectra brand radiator for about $86.00 I have used Spectra radiators and same fit and quality as OEM

·
Registered
533 Posts
Radiator prices vary greatly. If you are anywhere near Vancouver, WA Cost Less Auto Parts always seems to have the lowest price on aftermarket radiators, though I've never looked for insight one. 360-254-5710 Flamboyant Auto Parts might be a source for parts as well. You can find them around here, on ebay, or google them.

Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market will let you search wrecking yard inventory of those participating in their system.

There are parts companies that just sell aftermarket parts for cars, though I don't know if any are available for the Insight like fenders, hood, headlights, etc. There are a couple companies in Portland, though I can't think of their names right now. I can search if you need unless others already know parts aren't available.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks!

I got a radiator from a wrecking yard in Portland and found some parts needed from flamboyant off of ebay. :D Pretty good prices! Now I just need to install a motor mount when it comes in from majestic tomorrow and I'll be set! It's so painful driving my little truck around. I miss my Insight!

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,656 Posts
Wait a minute!...... you were "Sarah" and now you are "Michael"..........Sex Change?

Willie

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol

Sex change, no. Mostly it's Sarah, Mike's wife. I do all the computer and research and then tell him what to do. :D He says it's the Brain and the Brawn. I fixed the sig line so we wont be so confusing. LOL Good eye catching that one.
Sarah

1 - 12 of 12 Posts