Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And any advice on anyone who pull one out and replaced ..not much in search..what tools and where to start..cracked window today,,sad and pissed all in one ,please help..reach out to anybody who may have a junk parts car ready to scrap.

·
Super Moderator
1,677 Posts
Sent your a conversation.

Scott

·
Registered
196 Posts
So I bought a parts car for the transmission and then cut the car up for scrap. I kept the quarter glass but its still in the "frame" for lack of a better word. I could send it to you if you pay for the shipping. I really don't need it.

·
Super Moderator
1,677 Posts
There is one being shipped today.

Scott

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I used a combination of a power cut out blade and a cord cut out system. There just isn't much room to maneuver on such a small window and the cord keeps breaking every few inches. And the blade tears into the paint if not careful. Not an issue on a parts car, but... I can get a windshield out in half an hour comfortably. This was 2 hours of misery.

·
Super Moderator
1,677 Posts
My glass guy removes the quarter window in about 10 minutes, without scratching the paint. He also is able to remove the rubber gasket from the edge of the glass so it can be reused.

Some jobs are much better done by a professional. I’ve been in the auto repair/body shop business for more than 35 years. I do a lot of my own work. I don’t do my own glass, unless it’s an old car like a classic VW in a rubber set gasket.

HH442, you would be much better off paying a professional to install your quarter glass. Even trying to cut out the old broken glass can be difficult. If your lucky you will only scratch the paint, or you risk personal injury if you slip.

If you call around, you should be able to have a professional do the installation, probably for about $20-$50. He should include the correct adhesive and probably be done in less than a half hour.

If you choose to do it your self, good luck.

Scott

1 - 12 of 12 Posts