Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of a drivers side (or passenger side if they're the same) seat back cover. The early style that's black and gray without the hole in the head rest. Mine's developed a hole that's getting larger. The rest of the seat covers are in good shape so I figure if I can replace just that one piece for a minimal cost, I'd do it rather than go for a whole new set of Wet Okole covers.

If you have what I'm looking for and it's in nice condition, PM me what it would take to make you part with it. If you happen to be in SoCal, maybe I can pick it up and avoid the hassle of packing and shipping.
-Don

·
Registered
367 Posts
You may also want to consider purchasing a nice set of aftermarket seat covers for both seats. It might be cheaper.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ibjeff said:
Majestic Honda has the best prices. Here is the direct link to the oem seat covers.
Thanks Jeff, I'd already checked there actually. I was hoping to run across something from a car being parted out, or one where the owner had put aftermarket covers on and the original was in better shape than mine. Majestic still wants $180, was hoping to spend no more than half that.
-Don

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
atlaw4u said:
You may also want to consider purchasing a nice set of aftermarket seat covers for both seats. It might be cheaper.
Yup! I know, and it might come to that. I actually think the factory covers look nice and since I only need 1/4 of a whole set, I thought I'd try this route first just to see what was out there. I've looked at the Wet Okoles, and they're made not far from me. I've gotten samples of their gray fabric and one looks too light where the other is too dark. The upside is they'll install them for me if I bring my car to them. Down side is $300+ cost. :doubt:
-Don

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump

·
Registered
144 Posts
You might check salvage yards for a whole seat. Not sure about shipping but I've seen entire seats being sold for $100 from cars with 55k. I imagine shipping would be ugly depending on where it was coming from.

Let me know how it works out. I am in the same boat-seats gettin' a bit thin on the drivers side bolster :roll:

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts