Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all! Long time lurker and occasional participant. I had a small disagreement with some road debris on the Interstate. Luckily there's no damage to the actual bumper but the plastic piece underneath was partially yoinked off and was scraped up terribly on the asphalt before I could pull over to a safe spot. I have what's left held on with duct tape right now. Ugh.

Replacing this seems pretty straight forward and I am about to hit some buttons on the Majestic Honda Parts website. I believe it to be part #: 71110-S3Y-000.

My question is: I see some other parts (SCREW, TAPPING, NUT SUSPENSION, SPRINGS, ETC.) that seem to go along with this. Should I just play it safe and assume that all that stuff is damaged too? Should I just get a few healthy handfuls of those when I order the main part? Just not sure what I really need to put this thing back on properly. Gluing it in place or using random screws from my random screws jar seems very wrong.

Any advice on what to get and how to sort this would would be appreciated.

Thanks,
JQ

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
I believe there's something like 3-5 screws that screw into 3-5 nuts that clip to the plastic around the strake's edges. Usually I think these are called 'speed nuts' - probably the 'self tapping screws' and 'suspension nuts' you mention. The front edge of the strake is supposed to be taped to the bumper edge, where the two meet, with double-sided tape. Take a look at the other side, see what you need, see what you have left on the replacement side, order the rest?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts