Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, my name is Kenny, and I have a 2002 Honda Insight. I need help this quarter. On one of my credit cards, you get 5x points for gas spending, up to $1500. I would like to maximize my spending, so I can earn the maximum points. I know what you're thinking. "You drive an Insight, you aren't going to spend anywhere near $1500 in gas". And you are right. I probably spend about $650-$750 a year in gas for my Insight. THat is why I am asking if anyone would be willing to meet up with me in the Metro Atlanta area, let me charge their next fill up to my credit card and just pay me that amount in cash? In exchange, I would be willing to do some free shredding. I can do up to 20 lbs of shredding. I'll provide the shredder, trash bag, and scale. If anyone in the Metro Atlanta area would be willing to do this, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

·
6,933 Posts
lolwut?? :confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hehe, I'm sorry. Yeah, basically, next time you go to the gas station, if you pay me in cash for the gas and let me charge the fill up, I would do free shredding for him or her. I have the Chase Freedom credit card, and this quarter, you can charge up to $1500 in gas purchases, and you get 5x the points for those types of purchases (thus, you'd get 7500 Chase Points). I'm trying to maximize the purchases. This is probably the only reason I wish I didn't have an Insight, but instead have a................. Hummer, lol.

·
6,933 Posts
......Free shredding?

Does shredding cost a lot or is it hard to come by, or what? I mean, I suppose good shredders are fairly expensive.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting here and everybody else isn't is because it's been flagged as spam like 3 times. I tried to ban you figuring it was spam, but it won't let me since you joined so long ago.

Needless to say, offering to shred people's presumably important documents in exchange for... anything is a little strange at best. Do you also offer free IPads, expensive sunglasses and sell speakers out of unmarked white vans in former Circuit City parking lots?

:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
I can ban him, block his credit card and if needed, remove his social security number from service. :D

Still, just sounds strange. Id see if you can change your category or change credit cards.

If you are serious in this venture, go to any truck stop and offer to help out the truckers. They buy 250 to a thousand gallons of fuel at a fill up, then some of the newer trucks need a few gallons of DEF. Wonder if they consider DEF "fuel"?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please don't ban me. I honestly am not doing this to scam anyone. Doing free shredding was honestly the only type of service I could think of doing in exchange for this strange request. I guess I shouldn't be expecting people to flood my inbox with offers, lol.

That is a good idea asking truckers to do this. But the only thing is they might use a corporate card or something to fill up.

Again, I am not a scammer/spammer/hacker, etc (well, if you are a Saints fan, then the opposite migbt be true :p ) But if you want, you can close this thread.

Coming up on my (2) anniversary owning my Insight :)

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Well, having been a former officer of a bank between a persons garbage and their license plate you can gain a hell of a lot of info that could be used for ID thieft if not a bunch of other crimes. Money laundering is one that came to my mind as some of these credit card point promotions are abused for that very purpose. :evil:

Tell us more about your insight, any mods, mpg ranges, achievements?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh yes. I know for sure one way people money launder is to buy these cards called Vanilla Reload (which were cards which you could put cash on to refill re loadable debit cards, like the Amex Bluebird). When they first came out it was bad, because you were able to buy them with credit cards. They shut down the ability to buy them with credit cards pretty fast.

But my Honda Insight, it's nothing special. It's a 2002 CVT model (I don't do stick shifts. I can drive a stick shift, but only if it's the apocalypse, and there are no auto/CVT's to drive. I'd probably back into the car behind me, haha). I would say I average about 55 to 59 MPG depending on how I drive/stop and go traffic. I have the benefit of getting to cruise for like 4-9 miles on a state road to my work, so I think that helps. Best $6500 I ever spent. I ended up buying my Insight on eBay from a dealer who was in Birmingham. I never thought in my wildest dreams I would buy a car off eBay, but it was pretty much a silky smooth transaction (other than the dealer called me and said the solenoid went bad when he was driving my car out to Atlanta, but he had that replaced, and then delivered it to me like the next day or two).

How about you guys? Are you CVT or stick shift? I wish I had more confidence in the stick shift. I hear you get like 64 to 75 MPG or some crazy high number ::jealous eyes::

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
In America we use to have some who would inspect your wallet. They made sure your id was correct, credit cards and cash. If they suspected anything was wrong or a miss, they would take the item and check it out or you. That position had very high turn over as most people never heard back from the person.

Later on as technology evolved this took place by phone. People would call to check to see if your credit card or social security number was on a list of stolen or reported stolen. Once you gave this info they verified it, but shorty afterwards fraud took place. For the most part this program was discontinued in all 50 states.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts