Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2010 white Insight, tannish/grey interior. I'm looking for some new front seats -- not looking for "racing" seats, looking for something that looks fairly factory except much more comfortable (and preferably not too pricey). Comfort is #1 priority, price is #2, factory look is #3. Anyone get new front seats lately and love em? Any suggestions on where I should look or what seats I should get?

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Welcome aboard. :)

Yeah, the seats grow on you after a while. After 5 years they started to get uncomfortable. I got a set of clazzio leather seat covers. Much nicer and firmer.

Plan B was a set of Recaro seats, but you need a seat bracket and loose the side air bag that is made into the oem seats. I had a basic Recaro seat in a geo metro and the Recaro Rogernomics(SP?) DS in a Tacoma. They were nice, but the former owner paid those bills. :cool:

·
3,641 Posts
Anyone get new front seats lately and love em? Any suggestions on where I should look or what seats I should get?

I did...but for my Gen1. Look at the grey Honda CRZ seats. I wouldn't even doubt if the side airbags plugged right in. I had seat heating pads installed under the upholstery as well. Very comfortable. Check Car-Parts.com or your favorite salvage yard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

Well that's an option that's never occurred to me. I didn't figure seat covers would make much difference comfort-wise, being as they're...a cover...for the seat. The clazzio seat covers really made that much of a difference?

(I'm really glad you mentioned that -- I was half resigned to the thought of trolling the area salvage yards.)

My bum doesn't much care what it's sitting on, I love my Insight as it is, but then I got married several years ago and my ears have gotten progressively more unhappy with every long car ride. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts