Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The girlfriend just backed into my drivers rear quarter panel with her car. Oh the pain, the car is 3 years old and in new condition (or was)! Where can I get the rear bumper panels, without going to a dealership?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Is it just the rear bumper or did she take out the alluminum quarter panel too? The alluminum rear quarter panel is welded to the car, and not an easy fix.

Sorry to hear about that.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Today I took the whole rear end apart and luckily she only hit plastic parts. I may be able to just get the bumper cover repainted but, the lower black part needs replacing. The left skirt has some very small marks on it that I also may be able to fix. No metal on the frame was struck, thank goodness.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Funny when I put in the honda part number it didn't work, not even for a description. Oh well, thanks!

Oh, it also seems certain body panels can be bought prepainted. That's great.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I should have warned you it's not the easiest parts list to navigate :roll:
If anyone has found better prices for collision replacement parts, I'd love to hear about them. I have to have pretty much the entire left side of the car replaced :cry:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My local Honda dealership wanted $95 for this part. I noticed that parts site doesn't list shipping, so I hope my total including shipping isn't over $95, it has to be shipped to California.

Now I just hope it doesn't cost a lot to repaint the other piece, the rear bumper cover that is scratched. I wonder if they can just paint and blend the damaged area or if the whole thing has to be repainted? I probably could just take the piece of again and leave it with them.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
My wholesale cost on that bottom half of the bumper is $56 so Majestic is only a couple bucks above wholesale.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The whole thing came to $90.91 shipped. So I guess that's pretty good, even though I think this part is still a bit expensive.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Everythings expensive for the Insight.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The part arrived today and wouldn't you know it, the box was a bit damaged and part of it was opened. Inside it had some dents pressed into the plastic. I contacted Majestic to see what they will do about it. Still waiting for a reply. Now I guess I have to wait even longer for my repair!

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Ouch bummer, hope they had it insured. When I had to get that same piece (not for my car) they had it at the dealership in just the plastic bag, and the piece was wrapped in styrafoam sheeting. Of course it could have very well been in a box before hand, it did have to come from California.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well here it is the 16th and the replacement part finally arrived. It also is damaged. It doesn't appear to be from shipping though. Looks like Honda parts is doing it. It has two nicks on the top edge, one on each end. It would look crappy on the car. I'm not to happy with this company so far. They don't check the parts before they send them off and don't promptly reply to emails. It took 9 days to get the return shipping label for the first part! Why they just didn't send it to me via email is beyond me. I'll let you know what they are going to do now.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Majestic informed me they would only replace the part one more time. If this one is damaged they suggested I try somewhere else. I hope they actually check the part this time before sending it to me.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Man you must be getting anxious to get your car back together. Sorry to hear your having such a bad experience with this. I think the problem is the part is fairly flimsy when not mounted to a bumper and if there's nothing in the box to take any crush strength I can see how it could easily be damaged. Hope they get it right for you this time.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The damage doesn't seem to be coming from a crushed box now. Which makes me think it's not handled properly off the Honda parts line before it gets boxed.

If Majestic keeps getting a bad part and then won't supply me with the part, I hope they don't expect me to pay the 20% restocking fee before getting my refund!

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Was the part bagged at least? When I had the one it came in just a plastic bag with the Honda part number sticker on it. Inside the bag the plastic part was well wrapped in styrafoam sheet. As far as I know it made it all the way from California to here on a truck with just that for packaging. You couldn't really tell what it was being wrapped up, I had some friends ask me why I had a wing for a car in the corner of my room.

If they try and charge you a restocking fee you can always just dispute the charge on your credit card... you did pay with a credit card right?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts