Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All. I'm sad to say this, but I have to get rid of my 2000 insight (manual). She threw two codes (battery overheat & one other related...don't remember the codes) last year two weeks before reg was due. I did not have time, room, or $ to tear her apart and fix her.

Consequently, she's sat in the same spot for a little under a year.
I do NOT foresee being able to take on the challenge any time soon.
She's taking up room and the wife is starting to give me the what-for.

I was thinking about donating her to NPR to support the effort, but I'd rather not have her crushed...rather have her go to someone who will appreciate her.

Long story, short: If you can tow her, you can have her
Her name's "Bullet", but sure she won't mind a rename
'06 battery pack (previous owner installed)
She's around 240k
70 mpg when I got her
50-55 mpg in the months leading up to the codes
I haven't done much to her at all, but she's run amazingly over the last few years
Interior is in ok shape...wear spots on the driver's side, but good other than that

I'm assuming the issue is with the sensor battery modules...maybe the sensors, maybe the stick itself
Comes with a half-build discharger...I put too many bulbs on there (four), but it'll get it done once finished

Need this done fairly quickly, so don't hesitate.

This is a gift and a great opportunity for someone enthusiastic about these little beauties.

I'm in California, on the Central Coast, so make sure you can get here and put her on a truck.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Is this gone already? I certainly would be interested. Even give you money that you would get if you were to scrap. These cars are precious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Sax...to my surprise, you are the first to respond...I figured I would have made arrangements to meet someone by now.

You have first crack.

I do appreciate the offer for money. If you'd like to give me some, that would be great. I'm not asking, but I'm ok with it if you want to.

I'm not sure how we exchange information though...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts