Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 model and had the fog lights installed at the dealer when I got it new. As others have found, both mine are shattered. The lights still work but I hate the way it looks.

Any recommendations for where to buy replacement fog lights for it? What is a good price? I would like something similar to the factory ones so it looks flush.

Is it an easy install or should I have my mechanic do it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
389 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
The fog light without the "shield" makes it useless. The light just spreads everywhere, whereas the factory one does distribute light and puts it towards the ground/wide.

That's why you should go with OEM Honda or go with the LED I posted above if you want usable fog light.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Well..... Ive had both and say the big diff I see is without the cylinder bulb shield is that you are more visible and a bit more light is shined on the road. I have mines aimed to the gutters so I can see the edges of the road. With the aftermarket lamps I get more usable light on the road, so its more of a flood lamp vs spot.

170 for 2 isnt bad, oem is 100 each.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. It looks like the front bumper has to come off to get at the lights. That is beyond my skill level so I am getting a couple quotes to do the job.

One other thing. Does anyone know how to better protect the new lights from the same fate? I have read somewhere that you can apply a clear adhesive material over the light that might get you some time before the next small rock projectile shatters it again. Anyone know of this?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts