Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - Just wanted to share my excitement about my acquisition of a 2006 Insight. It's a manual and on my first 10 mile trip in city driving I managed to get 60.7mpg in the dead of winter (under 30 degrees). Just amazing mileage - especially compared to my Prius. I'm used to being pretty thrifty with gas so I can't wait to get this thing on the highway and see what it really does!

This is a terrific site where I picked up a tremendous amount of information prior to making my purchase. Thanks to all of you for helping guide my decision.

Take care,

Ron

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Yes, welcome to the forum. We have a few dual citizens here. (owners of both Prius and Insight hybrids) A 2006?...nice! :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi Ron,

I'm celebrating the end of my first full year with my 2006 Insight, and it's been a wonderful car and mostly trouble free. Mine is a CVT, so I can't get the milage that you can, but even in the winter (here in SoCal) I'm
getting 65 mpg!

Of course our winters aren't as cold, and a CVT can't match a 5-Speed, but still, I'm very happy with my Insight :D . I'm way ahead (MPG wise) of my friends who drive the Prius!

Thanks to all on this board for the advice and tips helping me understand my Insight during my first year.

Best Regs,
Rick
2006 CVT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts