Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2010 Insight EX with 22,900 miles on it. Drive 250 miles this weekend (two long trips, some city, mostly highway between 60-70 mph) and used an entire tank of gas... I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. The display says I'm getting 37 mpg, but even that is low from what I've been reading. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
There are several that could cause this like low tire psi a bad 12 volt starter battery or onset of cold weather.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are several that could cause this like low tire psi a bad 12 volt starter battery or onset of cold weather.
I will definitely be checking the tire pressure )what should I be looking for, ideally?), and I live in southern California (i think our lowest temp this weekend was 70). How do I go about checking on the battery?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Check the sticker on the drivers door jam to see recommended psi. Psi can also be found on the actual tires themselves

As for battery test you can bring it to an autozone and have it tested.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Just bought a 2010 Insight EX with 22,900 miles on it. Drive 250 miles this weekend (two long trips, some city, mostly highway between 60-70 mph) and used an entire tank of gas... I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. The display says I'm getting 37 mpg, but even that is low from what I've been reading. Any ideas?
1) You bought the wrong generation Insight
2) You posted in the wrong forum section (this is the gen I section)
3) Weird is spelled W-E-I-rd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Thermactor
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing