Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently been able to glean a few interesting details about the new Civic IMA being released in 2006:

Acceleration - 0-100 km/h is 11.3 seconds
Engine power - 116 bhp @ 6000 rpm and 125 lb / ft torque
683 miles per tank of fuel
Only available in CVT :shock: (apparently best way to manage efficiency of engine)
Engine able to close all four cylinders for short periods when cruising, driving on electric alone
A/C is powered by both belt and electric - switches itself between the most efficient choice
Available in new four door saloon body, which is wider and has a more muscular stance than existing model and is almost as big as Accord body.
MPG (American figures) 56 City, 54 Highway (Av. 55) which equals second Prius (60/51/55)

IMHO, I am disappointed it will not be (at least initially) available in the new Euro 5 door Civic shape. I suppose the good news is that the new Civic Hybrid does not thrash the Prius on economy figures so the Insight may survive a little longer.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
I would be surprised if they make the effort for such a small number of cars. If someone did get an engine from a wreck and transplant it it would be extremely fun. I think we have to wait for a while. :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dougie said:
?
Who says that's how the 2006 Civic works?
I gained the above facts from Honda UK at our Insight Owners Day. There have been various motoring press articles with the same details as well. As I understand it, 'deactivating' the engine allows for greater energy reclaim by the IMA as it reduces engine friction losses.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Up to a certain speed and distance driven the intake and outlet valves STAY CLOSED (thanks to the V Tec-System) and the vehicle can be driven with electric power only

1 - 10 of 10 Posts