141 - 160 of 168 Posts

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
I want one. PM sent.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I would like one with a gasket. paypal sent. thanks.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I would like one with a gasket. thanks.
I just ordered more because the first 10 sold way quick. I
ordered more yesterday. I will add you to the list for the 2nd round. Are you the one who just paypal'd me? I can refund it or just keep it. I should be able to send out in a about a week?

·
Registered
104 Posts
a week is just fine. thanks again

Edit: I did just paypal you

·
Registered
54 Posts
Gasket

Which gasket should be used with the Accord EGR valve? considering the thinner port than the Insight OEM valve.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Which gasket should be used with the Accord EGR valve? considering the thinner port than the Insight OEM valve.
They are the same part number I believe. Maybe different brands are not the same. According to my Honda parts guy,auto zone, orielly, car quest and many online sites say they are the same. I can say at least functionally they are the same. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Update: I have received what I have been told is "the last of the EGR valve inventory we have". So that means what I have will probably be it for these cheaply priced EGR Valves. if you have contacted me and said you would like one please send payment.
If you would like one and haven't contacted me yet and would like 1 or 10, feel free to send payment. see here for most updated info and to get your name on the list, if there is room on the list I still have some. http://www.insightcentral.net/forum...-items/60489-egr-valve-alternatives-sale.html

·
Registered
113 Posts
Does anyone know if the Airtex EGR valve that is an aftermarket OEM design of the original valve has the same design flaw of the OEM Insight valve. Rock Auto lists the part as having larger contacts that I would imagine are more reliable.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I tried both this week and prefer the aftermarket option for the 2003 Honda Odyssey 3. 6 V6 over the Honda Accord 3. 0 V6.

The standard Motor Evg658 has a smaller opening than the wells Egr 4201. The standard motor EGR works well however the Wells version is amazing. The car goes in and out of lean burn smoother and easier than ever before and I am able to maintain lean burn while breaking with the IMA C&C more easily.

The image below shows all three EGR valves. The aftermarket Odyssey valve is on the left, the OEM insight is in the middle, and the aftermarket Accord is on the right. As you can see the Honda Odyssey valve is a better match, the Accord valve was used for 3 days and as you can see there is a rectangular discolorfication around the elliptical event where the restriction occurs.

Attachments

Reactions: evilchargerfan

·
Registered
411 Posts
You have had the Wells egr 4201 in your car now for Six monts. Do you still feel it is as good or better a replacement egr than the one for the 1999 Accord?
Is Wells EGR 4201 the complete part number?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I tried both this week and prefer the aftermarket option for the 2003 Honda Odyssey 3. 6 V6 over the Honda Accord 3. 0 V6.

The standard Motor Evg658 has a smaller opening than the wells Egr 4201. The standard motor EGR works well however the Wells version is amazing. The car goes in and out of lean burn smoother and easier than ever before and I am able to maintain lean burn while breaking with the IMA C&C more easily.

The image below shows all three EGR valves. The aftermarket Odyssey valve is on the left, the OEM insight is in the middle, and the aftermarket Accord is on the right. As you can see the Honda Odyssey valve is a better match, the Accord valve was used for 3 days and as you can see there is a rectangular discolorfication around the elliptical event where the restriction occurs.

@Recovering_Gasaholic, I just saw this. Is the Wells 4201 working better than the OEM Honda valve new?

I have built an EGR tester and am curious why the Wells works better than the Accord. Is it just the opening? Because the EGR solenoid opening is so small compared the rectangular/elliptical opening. So I wonder if it has to do with how the solenoid is set up. The voltage range from partially open to fully open on the Accord and Insight valves is pretty narrow. The resistance range is lower on the Accord than the Insight valve but that might just be how I set it up for testing.

(testing thread: https://www.insightcentral.net/forums/modifications-technical-issues/123003-egr-valve-testing.html)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Installed a WVE 4F1890 last week and logged 200 miles since. It's working pretty good, lean burn is smoother than ever.

Reactions: minor4326
141 - 160 of 168 Posts