Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have 3 new, in package, grounding straps that I didnt get a chance to install before someone hit my Insight and killed it. I paid $9.92 each (including shipping). Will sell at $7 each, including shipping.

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
I just got $2090 to repair my first 2000 (light front passenger side) headlight tab, front cover, fender crack. I was just about to put it away until I fix the ISB and syncro's anyway. I replaced it as my winter car with a 2001 silver manual 165k for $1400.
So they are still giving decent money for repair or total on these

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was at 278k miles...and expected to get squat...surprisingly, I was given $3,700. I could have taken $3k and a junk title (very tempting), but all the hoops I would have had to jump through to prove to the Commonwealth it was safe made me let it go. The damage was all on the back quarter panel...but the damage included the skirt, a couple inches of the back bumper and an inch of the door...enough to push it to totaled territory

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just updated my post - $7 each, including shipping

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I was at 278k miles...and expected to get squat...surprisingly, I was given $3,700.
Holy ****! That's excellent. At least some insurance companies understand the actual value of these cars. Most people here probably wouldn't have given $1500 for one with those miles.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was pretty anal about maintaining my Insight and I had deep records to prove all the improvements I had done to it (even a few improvements the week before it was hit), but I was shocked, too, at high it was. I was bracing for "we'll give you a bag of balls for it." It became the down money for my Clarity...now I get 125 mpge :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sold and Shipped this AM

Sold and Shipped. Thank you for those who indicated an interest.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts