Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day! I've refurbed my head-lamps, but they just cloud back up. I'm thinking I should look into some after market replacements (or whatever I can find). And vendor recommendations? And how much should I spend?

Are there any "new looks" for the headlamps? Or should I stay true to the original (already know the answer to that...).

Thanks,
Steele
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I have also referb'd my head lights and they too went cloudy a year after doing them. Something that was brought up on a thread after I had done them was that after you referb them is to apply a UV protector to prevent the issue. I didn't do that last time so am going to try it again but this time apply the protective sealant afterwards.

I think Willie said that Blue Coral makes a UV sealant.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I got a Rain X headlight restoration kit that includes a UV sealant that is to be applied as the last step in the process. I'm just waiting for it to warm up here (and STAY warm:p) before using it.

I'm wondering if Toyota uses a sealant right from the factory as recently, I had the right one on my '07 Prius replaced due to an accident while it was parked in a parking lot. I saw no noticeable difference between the two. The headlights on the Insight are so far from clear that I would almost call them opaque. Can't wait to try out the kit.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,325 Posts
GG:
The kit I was referring to was the "Turtle Wax" Headlight Refurb. Kit.
Blue Coral was their wax.

HTH
Willie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts