Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello insight central, My name is Ken but most know me online by Probesport. I am a member for many forums and have had a great deal of cars but this is the first time I've really played with an insight.

My best friend has a Gen 1 insight, but also recently acquired a Tesla for his regular commuting so we have this car to play with a bit.

It's a 2000, silver w/grey int, 5-speed. It had an exhaust leak at the flex joint and neither of us like exhaust work so we figured if it's going to be done, it's going turbo.

So far the turbo is in and all exhaust & oiling done. Working on the intake side now.

I don't think I can post pictures yet, but I will when I can.

·
Premium Member
9,876 Posts
What is a "placeholder"?
Is that something to hold your place in line?

Definately waiting pics and writeup?

Willie

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The placeholder is so I can put all of the pics and write-up in the beginning as we go along instead of scattered across pages.

I'll be getting some of the pics out as soon as I can.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a bunch of pics and info to post, but I don't have enough posts. I tried and first it said I couldn't only do 4 pics and then it said I cant do any. I have about 30 right now to share so ... maybe later? :doubt:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a quick teaser until I can post external images.

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,771 Posts
Welcome. Looks very interesting, please post full details and pics as you progress.

Several insights have been turboed before with impressive results... Good luck..

·
Super Moderator
4,803 Posts
Hi, Ken. Welcome!

That's a pretty creative fix for an exhaust leak! What turbo are you using? In the last picture it looks pretty big. Mine is not sized correctly and spools up pretty late. How are you going to add fuel?

Sam

·
Super Moderator
4,803 Posts
Sounds good. A GT-15 will work. I'm going to go to a GT-12 when I change mine. I'm using an FMU with stock injectors.

Sam

·
Registered
132 Posts
Im also doing a gt1241. Its quite contraversial on correct way to use an fmu. My buddy who is quite smart and turbo's everything puts in larger injectors and turns base pressure down and when boost comes in brings back up to stock pressure and then some. Is this what some are doing with the larger injectors. I know most are running stock injectors with fmu bringing fuel pressure over stock for the added fuel while under boost.

What about the map sensor though? Other civics before stand alones we would put check valve on map sensor so it didnt see boost, use larger injectors with a vafc to take fuel out down low. Just wondering about timing or is 5 psi not enough to worry about it.

I would very much like to not break a ring land or snap the toothpicks for connecting rods these engines have.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts