Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a 7.2-mile drive, in 50 degree weather, shallow uphill halfway there, shallow downhill the other half. I just bought the car about a month ago, and it had a LTA of 41.5. I haven't been real impressed with its MPG performance so far: 44 city/48 highway under optimal conditions is about the best I've been able to get.

It did some kind of recal-thing yesterday. The SoC went down to half while climbing a hill, suddenly dropped to zero, and has been slowly re-charging since.

Seems like kind of strange conditions for a best-mpg run--anyone know what's going on here?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer guaranteed the battery for 6 months--is there any way to prove it's not performing like it should be, so I can get them to fix it?

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
They won't fix it until you get a dreaded IMA light. (and then you will have a fight on your hands)
The above actions appear to be a normal reaction to a low charged IMA battery. Try not to use much assist but a lot of regen for a while.
Sit down, read and read here at ICN and your mileage will increase. (based on the knowledge you absorb)
HTh
Willie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts