Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Great news, I've been waiting for them to come out with something that will perform bettery then the current IMA. Actually I think the batteries have been the cause of most of the problems and not the actual IMA

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hmmmm. Doesn't really sound like news to me.

Honda is playing catch-up to automobile companies that use the Atkinson cycle engines (Prius and the Ford Fusion/Lincoln MKZ, and I'm sure others).

The I2 and the HCH need to be able to move under electric power only if they are going to compete in the mpg wars.

My Mom has a nearly 4000 lb. Lincoln MKZ Hybrid that is averaging 39 mpg combined without trying. Doing my best to maximize my I2 over the last 1.5 years has gotten me 43 mpg. The I2 needs be better.

·
Registered
129 Posts
All we need is cars like the Honda FCX Clarity. The bottom line is until someone makes a better damn battery we'll be stuck with gas for awhile... This new hybrid system sounds more what I hoped they were doing in the first place enabling all electric running.

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
Its not a matter of the technology used, but how they use it. If you look over at the g1 forum you see quite a few people exceeding 100mpg with a few eco mods, MIMA and possibility a grid charger.

Granted increasing the compression would automatically boost efficiency, so would taking control of the hybrid system to suit the road ahead vs the road passed and a larger capacity battery if its taken advantage of.

Id like to see a variable charging system for regen like on the prius 3. This way you can get more braking effort from the ima system or what ever they call it and possibility put more back into the pack in a shorter amount of time vs just using the tradational brakes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am just happy to see some positive news/PR from Honda for consumers and fan. It is a well know fact that Honda is not doing well in term of hybrid technology but also in other areas as well. Honda Civic, for example, has not been selling well, and this morning the news are not so good for the Accord Crosstour. Honda needs to do better job w/ their design since other manufacturers are kicking their rear end. I love Honda's technology but their industrial design needs some serious work.

In case you did not know, Hyundai Elantra was voted 10 most beautiful car in the world, and it is the only car that is below $20K. "Average" consumers want to spend their money on beautiful design. Did you see the Civic that they brought to the car show? It was gray outside and inside; are there any artistic people left at Honda?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
My Mom has a nearly 4000 lb. Lincoln MKZ Hybrid that is averaging 39 mpg combined without trying. Doing my best to maximize my I2 over the last 1.5 years has gotten me 43 mpg. The I2 needs be better.
\

How much did your mom pay for her Lincoln and how much did you pay for your Insight?

Price to MPG, your Insight is a MUCH better buy.

·
Registered
790 Posts
How much did your mom pay for her Lincoln and how much did you pay for your Insight?

Price to MPG, your Insight is a MUCH better buy.
I was gonna say that but I thought it was obvious so I didn't bother?

The Crosstour is nice, but for that kind of money, I'd take the Acura wagon!
Crosstour is stupid expensive for what it is, IMO ... if I had the means to have a Crosstour, I'd skip it and immediately go for an Acura TSX (or, the "real Accord").

1 - 10 of 10 Posts