Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to report that I had my IMA battery and components replaced under warranty at 86000 Km. The IMA light came on and I had no assist whatsoever. The dealership did the warranty work without a fuss and now I'm back on the road with a brand spankin' new battery. What a difference! The old one was greatly deteriorated. One quick acceleration on the on ramp would eat most of the battery and regereration was very slow. Now it only takes a couple bars and charges back up in a few short minutes. Love it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
dan633 said:
I just wanted to report that I had my IMA battery and components replaced under warranty at 86000 Km. The IMA light came on and I had no assist whatsoever. The dealership did the warranty work without a fuss and now I'm back on the road with a brand spankin' new battery. What a difference! The old one was greatly deteriorated. One quick acceleration on the on ramp would eat most of the battery and regereration was very slow. Now it only takes a couple bars and charges back up in a few short minutes. Love it!
hi dan633
my 2000, 81000km insight has IMA light came on 2 days ago. but driving is no problem,green charge bar, assit orange bar and auto stop all working. I have booked to call the dealer to look at it. I am afraid the IMA battery need to be replaced. is my car still under warranty like yours? warranty extended for 100,000miles in US. same in Canada? can I have your repair receipt to show it to the car repair shop if my car is not under warranty.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last time I checked, the warranty in Canada was 8 years or 120,000 km on the IMA components and 10 years or 240,000 on the battery iteslf. If there is actually something wrong you should have no problem having what needs to be fixed under warranty.

Also, because your car is a 2000 (or pre 2002, i think) they cannot update the software in the IMA brain. They will have to replace the whole unit, which should also be done under warranty.

·
Registered
23 Posts
dan633 said:
Last time I checked, the warranty in Canada was 8 years or 120,000 km on the IMA components and 10 years or 240,000 on the battery iteslf. If there is actually something wrong you should have no problem having what needs to be fixed under warranty.

Also, because your car is a 2000 (or pre 2002, i think) they cannot update the software in the IMA brain. They will have to replace the whole unit, which should also be done under warranty.
I do not have the warranty information, where did you get that?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the information by calling Honda Canada. The number is in your owner's manual. A Google search should also produce a phone number.

·
Registered
99 Posts
A little off-topic...

Speaking of battery warranty, the 10 year warranty in the U.S. means that a 2005 car will be warrantied (is that a word?) for the battery pack until 2015, or 150k miles. Right? That's a pretty darn good warranty! :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
dan633 said:
...Now it only takes a couple bars and charges back up in a few short minutes. Love it!
I am so envious<sp> right now. Glad to hear you where given such great service.
/me praying I get an IMA light soon....

·
Registered
23 Posts
JakkedUp said:
dan633 said:
...Now it only takes a couple bars and charges back up in a few short minutes. Love it!
I am so envious<sp> right now. Glad to hear you where given such great service.
Good news, My 2000 in the car dealership on Friday for the IMA light. after checking every things is under warranty. parts are on the way . total costs for the parts and labour approx. 6-7000 Canadian

·
Registered
23 Posts
New IMA and related components replaced for my Insight yesterday.
her is the service invoice

Complaint: IMA light is on
Cause: Fauty Battery and BCM,MCM
Correction: replaced battery and BCM,MCM

Parts replaced 1K100-PHM-A01 Electronic control
1K000-PHM060 Clt unit Elect Mtr
1D0010 PHM-A00RM Battery Inst 00-02

·
Registered
330 Posts
I got my new battery pack last week...thank you Honda. You can follow my "trip to the new battery pack" in the thread "dc to dc converter" under troubleshooting. It took a while but all is GREAT!!!! I have 113000 miles on my 2001 Monte Carlo blue

·
Registered
702 Posts
JakkedUp said:
dan633 said:
^me2^

my car is somewhere around 120000 miles, and i put between 30 and 100 miles(sometimes more) a day on her...so i will reach 150000 wayy before 2010...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Just got a call from Honda Cars of Mesa/SanTan Honda to make sure all is good with my Insight since they installed the new IMA battery. The service manager invited me to take a tour of the new dealership in Gilbert, AZ. They opened yesterday!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts