Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm new to the forum(in fact all forums), so apologies in advance if I'm not following the correct protocol or posting in the right place.

I've just imported a yr 2000 JDM CVT insight with approx 100,000kms on the clock into the UK.

Really looking forward to getting it registered and on the road asap as my daily driver.

I took a gamble, and it has the usual age-related problems with the IMA battery condition, and I'm looking forward to the challenge of refurbishing/recovering it following the info have found here on the forum.

However, before I embark on this project I'd like to get it registered for the road, so I can start to play.

As it's a JDM model, there is no option to change the cluster from km's to miles.
I know this has been discussed previously, but I cannot find the solution.
Can anybody shed any light on the EEPROM addresses which hold the region coding, so that I can potentially recode mine to display mph?

Happy to share any code/ info/mileage, VIN etc. that may be of use to anybody in return.

Thanks, Vince.

·
Super Moderator
9,451 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I just noticed your "joining" post and approved it. Sorry for the hours of delay.

If you would click "User CP" then "edit my details" on the left bar, you can show a location. This is traditional and has been very helpful to all. You don't have to specific, just a city or area of a state is specific enough. If you should object, then that is ok also:)

I don't have answers myself, but now that your post is visible to the forum, you should get some suggestions.

·
Administrator
13,801 Posts
Welcome. I'm the UK Insight guru and live in Hull..
If you need help with your battery refurb etc let me know.

ASfAIK no one has been able to recode the JDM displays to change them from kmh to mph via internal hacks. But Mario in the US is the cluster expert. Search for his posts in case I have forgotten something. His cluster display mod project is excellent.

You can get or make a device to change the VSS sensor signal getting into the cluster so it shows kph as the correct mph..

There has been discussion on similar subjects before so try some more searching in case you have overlooked it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you

Hi, Thank you for the welcome.

I intend to keep the car long term and was hoping to get the cluster calibrated to miles before it's first MOT so it's mileage history is complete, rather than a mixture of kms and miles, if I add a converter chip.

I'll do a little more searching and get in touch with Mario and see if he can help.

Thanks for the advice.

Looking forward to getting the car on the road...

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
In the process of registering/inspecting a vehicle imported to the UK, is there a requirement that includes checking that the speedometer actually displays in MPH?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.