Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am a expert software test analyst. I recently took delivery of a used 5-speed Insight. My daily roundtrip commute is 130+ miles to work, 90 miles of which is highway. Highway has multi-lane, flat, smooth, slopes and hilly sections. City drive is normal stop & go with fair distance between lights thru heavy construction.

So far I have achieved 83.2 combined, 75.6 city and 92 highway when driving by computer display. Mileage drops (70.1 combined, 67.0 city, 75.4 highway) when driving at speeds matching other drivers in the right lane.

I'm discovering (via testing) several behaviors of the firmware that I'll post here that I hope you'll confirm. I want to hear about your experiences under your driving conditions. I've noticed firmware behavior ranging from driver pattern matching, purposely battery drain/recharge decision, RPM management and something approaching software cruise control.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Welcome to the site and congradulations on some really nice mileage figures.

Many here, myself included, are interested in understanding how the Insight works on a somewhat more advanced technical level. I'm sure that any input you can provide will be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
What year did you get? The 00 and 01 models that don't have the ECM recall done behave vastly different from the 02 and newer or older cars that have had the ECM recall done.

·
Registered
106 Posts
It would be really cool if you could figure out how to access and update the battery charge level data. I'm am guessing that this is taken care of in the Battery Control Module. This would allow for grid charging the battery and then updating the BCM so it does not do its recalibrate routine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts