Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm scheduled to take delivery of my new-to-me '01 insight 5 spd tomorrow. Flying to New Orleans, I'll have a good drive back (hopefully!) to St. Louis. Any words of wisdom? Obviously, I'll check oil, tire pressure, etc. Wish me luck. I'll report mileage figures and other details after I return. Have an HCH already but happy to get an Insight :D . Steve

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions and heads-up re: handling, tire pressure, etc. I don't leave till about 1:30 central time. I'm scheduled to pick it up about 6PM and drive approx 400 miles to Memphis, then finish the remainder to St. Louis tomorrow. Farthest I've driven an Insight before is about a mile, so this will be a real learning experience. By the way, it's blue, has 30K miles, 1 owner, says 49.5 lifetime mpg, coming from Treadwell Honda in Mobile, AL. It's going to be a busy and interesting day !!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Skimmer and BillClark; Trip went well as reported under my other "road trip" thread and I'm enjoying the Insight. The previous dealer has even agreed to pay for an oil/filter change at my local dealer for their accidental oversight of not doing one prior to delivery. Bad news is my mileage has dropped from 73.3 to 72.6. Good news is my mileage is 72.6!! No surprises, runs well, seems like it has a lot of life left in her. Hope our relationship is a long one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BillClark; Look at the 'driving' area under knowledge base for some great pointers. Doing these suggestions can make a big difference in MPG. By the way, I averaged about 66 mph. Any faster really cut into the mileage. Let us know if these things help. Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.