Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 m/t w/ a/c
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I've been lurking here for a while but thought I would finally post. I bought a g1 6 months ago and have been busy getting things checked off.
It came to me at 230k miles with a dead battery and virtually no clutch.

Since then I've rebuilt the 5 speed trans, new re92's, new clutch etc, bumblebee battery, and general maintenance.
I already love this car, and coming from a first generation MR2, the there is not a whole lot of fun lost when jumping into the honda.

The insight community is top notch too!
I see some stuff about a current hack that seems very interesting, can anyone link a guide to this?

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 m/t w/ a/c
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just rebuilt my transmission and it was not difficult, but did take 2 full days of mostly cleaning parts. Take your time and look up the videos of how to do it. It's not impossible, and will save you tons of money. Nothing beats the satisfaction of driving it knowing that you fixed it yourself though, that's the real reward

·
Registered
2000 m/t w/ a/c
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There's a great video of a guy that rebuilds one on YouTube. I followed his video and used his part numbers for the axel seals and input shaft bearing + seal, but my input shaft bearing disintegrated, ruining all of the other bearings in the process, but thankfully didn't grenade the gears and synchros. You may need to buy these diff bearings (2 of them) part# 91005-PHR-003 if you get all the way in there. I went to autozone and the only two tools I rented were the bearing puller and the t puller to attach to the bearing puller, see video for a visual. I'm sure this has been linked 14,000 times or so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts