Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just bought a 2000 silver MT with 79,500 miles on it. Today is day 3 and I am running 55.4 MPG so far. I love the auto stop. I have Michelin Energy Saver Green X tires on the front (165/65R14) and the correct Potenza RE92's on the rear. The front tires look new and the rear ones have some life left. Are the Michelins ok? Should I have all 4 the same? The Max pressure for the Michelin is 54 PSI (on sidewall). What PSI should I run (F/R)?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Welcome! While there is a lot of debate on tire pressures, there is none on what is the best tire. And that is the RE92's. From the figures I've seen here, the Michelins will give you about a 6-10% reduction in mileage. The Michelins, however, are the next best if RE92's aren't available. I personally run 80+ psi in my RE92's and have experienced no ill effects; gas stations have though.:p Tire pressure is something each driver has to decide for themselves. Again, welcome!

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Ed3sanders,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new ride! I got my car in 2010 and it came with Quatrac tires on it, I run with 40 PSI in them and consistanly get 64/65 MPG with a lot of in town trips. If i'm running 60-65 MPH on the freeway I can easily get 72-76 MPG. When these tires wear out I'll get the RE92's put on it, I figure if I'm getting such good milage out of these non recommended if I go to the RE92's I should hopefully get even better!

Again, welcome and read read read like crazy to learn all you can on the forum. I actually crated my own data base from it, every time I read a thread with new information I create a word doc with info and the URL string pasted in so I can always find that information and thread again. If you have any questions please ask!

PS:: please update your signiture with your location as that has proven useful for others seeking help.

·
Registered
121 Posts
if you do decide to go with all 4 michelins, i have 2 almost brand new listed in the classifieds

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update

I bought the car for a little over 2 months ago. And I have the nut behind the wheel tighten up to the point of 60 MPG around town.

Also does anyone know if there is a registry for Gen 1 insights. I have not seen any 2004 around did they make any?

·
7,183 Posts
The Insight was made from 2000 to 2006.

We have a registry here, but I think it's really out of date..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts