Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just got my new '03 5-sp insight. Not sorry that I did at all, very nice car as I knew it would. However, I got the base model w/out air conditioning as I wanted to finance the least amount as possible. For those that have had A/C installed after purchase, I was curious I was how much it generally costed including labor and such. I saw the a/c unit online for about 950.00 or so, do not recall the exact price. Also, do dealerships charge a lot of exact matching touch-up paint. Stupid dump truck flung debris in the air from hitting a bumb, and I was one of the many cars on the road that got whacked. Too too bad at all, but I do want to fill the ding it left and touch up the paint. Thanks for any info:) Peace

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Mr. "mega"; Congratulations on your new car and welcome to the club! What color is it?? Where do you live?? Did you special order the car? Just asking, because I thought all Insights going to North America were coming with AC. Anyway, the AC system is about 1000 $ for the unit, and dealer installation is 5 or 6 hours of work; it is quite involved and fairly expensive. Hey, put a little extra air in the tires, slow down a little, and try to stay in the lean burn mode if you desire maximum MPG!! Later, Billy.....

·
Registered
569 Posts
Congrats on your new Insight. Touch-up paint was about $4.50 for a small bottle. Didn't seem to match my car's color that well though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts